The 6 Sigma Pharmaceutical Industry Benchmarking Association™ is an association of pharmaceutical companies that conducts benchmarking studies to identify the practices that improve the overall operations of its members. Scope and Objectives
- 2To identify “Best in Class” business processes, which, when implemented, will lead member companies to exceptional performance as perceived by their customers.
- To conduct benchmarking studies of important business processes.
- To create a cooperative environment where a full understanding of the performance and enablers of “best in class” business processes can be obtained and shared at a reasonable cost.
- To use the efficiency of the consortium to obtain process performance data and related best practices from non-industry companies.
- To support the use of benchmarking to facilitate process improvement and the achievement of total quality.
The scope of membership includes individual employees who work for pharmaceutical corporations.
- Company membership will be considered with respect to compliance with 6SPIBA™ mission, goals, and operating guidelines, as well as, qualification of the organization within the scope of membership.
- Participation in specific efforts will be optional and open only to members with costs shared by the participants.
- Companies in the consulting industry and others likely to resell the data are not considered for membership.
Benefits of Membership
Studies:6SPIBA™ will identify and present to members opportunities to participate in Benchmarking studies on various topics addressing issues of importance to the pharmaceutical industry. There are two types of Benchmarking studies provided:
- Consortium studies are offered to the membership as a whole with costs divided.
- Single company-sponsored studies addressing the interest of one member company can be offered to other selected members for no fee.
The association will also support pharmaceutical benchmarking efforts:
- Research – Access public and private databases.
- Identify study participants – Top companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Collect data – Manage response collection with the participants as a third party.
- Lead site visits – Structured with best participants.
Interest group roundtables can be organized throughout the year. Members will pay a nominal fee to join real and virtual roundtable discussions that address specific processes.
Currently, membership in 6SPIBA™ is at no cost!
Costs of studies are shared by the participants.