The 6 Sigma Insurance Industry Benchmarking Association (6SIIBA™) is an association of insurance industry 6 sigma professionals within major corporations dedicated to providing members with an opportunity to identify, document and establish best practices through benchmarking to increase value, efficiencies, and profits.
Benchmarking is a performance measurement tool used in conjunction with improvement initiatives; it measures the comparative operating performance of companies and identifies the “best practices.”
Benchmarking creates value by
- Focusing on key performance gaps;
- Identifying ideas from other companies;
- Creating a consensus to move an organization forward;
- Making better decisions from a larger base of facts.
- Studies:6SIIBA™ will identify and present to members opportunities to participate in benchmarking studies on various topics addressing six sigma issues of importance to the insurance industry. There are two types of Benchmarking studies provided:
- Consortium studies are offered to the membership as a whole with costs divided.
- Single company-sponsored studies addressing the interest of one member company can be offered to other selected members for no fee. The association will also support the six sigma benchmarking efforts:
- Research – Access public and private databases.
- Identify study participants – Top companies in the insurance industry.
- Collect data – Manage response collection with the participants as a third party.
- Lead site visits – Structured with best participants.
Interest group roundtables will be organized throughout the year.
Members will pay a nominal fee to join real and virtual roundtable discussions that address specific processes for the insurance industry.
Currently, membership in 6SIIBA™ is FREE! Costs of studies are shared by the participants.
The scope of 6SIIBA™ membership is open to individuals employed as permanent employees of companies in the insurance industry.
Company membership will be considered with respect to compliance with 6SIIBA™ mission, goals and operating guidelines, as well as, qualification of the organization within the scope of membership.
Participation in specific efforts will be optional and open only to members with costs shared by the participants. Members pay only if they join a specific study. Currently, membership in 6SIIBA™ is free.
We reserve the right to review membership applications and to make the final decision whether or not to accept any application.
Consulting firms are ineligible for membership.